Engineer Adventurer Gamer
Coding, climbing, diving, surfing, racing, gaming, snowboarding, spelunking, and exploring the world.
Born and raised in the Bay Area, I've been calling San Francisco home since 2020. When the weathers warm I enjoy surfing in Santa Cruz, diving in Monterey, and hiking in Yosemite. When the weather is colder I love snowboarding, whether in Tahoe or around the world. I love day trips in my car, long road trips in converted camper vans, and going nowhere at all. When I'm not out and about, I enjoy playing PC games like Rocket League, Baldurs Gate 3, or Apex Legends.
As a Computer Science major at Colorado State University, I became involved with an engineering research team. I helped run and maintain the on-prem Kubernetes cluster of ~100 nodes; from hardware upgrades to bootstraping clusters with kubeadm. After pinching my thumb on a server rack, I decided to retire from the ground work and become a cloud engineer. Happily employed Software Engineer at Five9.
July 2023 - Present
- Wrote technical requirements for a team of engineers
- Directly oversaw an intern with daily check-ins and close oversight
- Oversaw migration of a critical core component from our on-prem data center to our cloud native architecture
- Onboarded the entire stack of an acquired company, ending with their on-prem stack running as single-tenant namespaces in GKE, tied to our automated provisioning flow
Feburary 2021 - July 2023
- Managed migration of POPs from one region to another
- Designed the architecture of our telecom system on Kubernetes
- Oversaw aggressive cost saving efforts, cutting more than 60% of operation cost, and automated cost monitoring
- Established SLAs/SLIs in collaboration with our SRE team
- Integrated a slew of security tools for dependency vulnerability, license management, and code quality
May 2018 - Feburary 2021
- Onboarded microservices onto a new cloud native platform
- Set the standard directory structure of Git repos, gradle modules, helm charts, dockerfiles, and so forth
- Implemented the centralized repository for CI/CD templates, using a modular pattern which allowed flexible usage
- Deployed self-hosted CI Runners and did extensive performance tuning
August 2017 - May 2018
- Maintenance and deployment of On-Prem Kubernetes Cluster
- Assembled, wired, and disassembled servers.
May 2017 - August 2017
Primarily assisted with the development of a SMS Routing Service, as a POC for expanding Omnichannel Customer Service. Studied Springboot principals, improved code quality, and modified SQL database.
September 2016 - May 2017
Colorado State University provides free tutors to students in the department. I was a tutor as a freshman which is note-able because not many freshman had the required course credits, which I acquired through AP classes in high school
May 2016 - August 2017
Conducted week-long classes for middle school age groups titled "Mod Design with Minecraft". Groups of 14-16 students follow a strong curriculum teaching simple Java skills, allowing students to add custom game elements, actions, and designs.
August 2016 - May 2018
Working towards a B.S. of Computer Science.
This is a collection of personal open-source projects, available for use or hosted right here!
This project allows my friends in Discord with little-to-none computer skills interact with gaming servers which I setup and maintain in Google Cloud. Users can use the interactive slash-commands to understand how to start, stop, list, and connect to the servers.
Check out the source code of what you're looking at right now!
I am creative, passionate developer. I can make logical decisions independently, and communicate effectively to ensure I'm on the same page as everyone else. I can take leadership on projects, guide peers, and always KISS (Keep it Simple Stupid)!
If you like my website, I can help you build one for yourself too! Although frontend development is not my speciality, I love the challenge and creativity. I especially enjoy working with the latest technologies and frameworks. I take pride in not just delivering a static product, but the framework and automation tools to continue to evolve websites over time.
I have multiple years of experience with Google Cloud Platform in production at large-scale. If you're looking to learn more about it yourself, I will gladly explain concepts and guide you through hands-on exercises. I am also well versed on Java, NodeJS, and Python.
I have 5+ years of professional experience building advanced infrastructure systems and processes, and have boostrapped two organizations from nothing to industry leading release lifecycles. I can bring those best practices to you!
If you've made it all the way down here, then a sincere "thank you" for taking such an interest. If you would like to know more, please reach out. The best way to contact me is through LinkedIn, and I'll try my best to respond via any channel.
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Don't call me.